Getting the right perspective



I've often thought that I would love to tumble around with a baby tiger or stick my nose deep into the belly fur of an adult tiger (as the above top picture). But one day watching a program about the well-known tiger sanctuary in Thailand (the one with the Buddhist monks as seen on Animal Planet) it struck me that even though the tigers are well looked after (and much loved) - which life would the tiger choose if it had the choice? 

It was a thought that really put something fundamental into perspective, because I thought that as long as I have the wish to play with a tiger I nurture the idea of tigers in some kind of human captivity. And it struck me how much more I wished for the tiger to have its freedom and a life in its habitat. It's a very sad thought that most of these beautiful creatures end up being hand reared by humans because humans destruct their natural habitat.

***
"Those who wish to pet and baby wild animals "love" them.  But those who respect their natures and wish to let them live normal lives, love them more."  

Quote by Edwin Way Teale
.

Comments

Popular Posts